If you’re looking to view or edit Word documents in Google Drive, it can be difficult at first to figure out how to do so properly. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Here are three quick and easy steps you can follow to view and edit Word documents in Google Drive with ease.
Create your document
Google Drive offers a convenient way to view and edit your Word documents from anywhere. All you need is a web browser and an internet connection. Here’s how to get started to Create a new document, and then click the word File on the left-hand side of the toolbar. Click Upload. Choose which file you want to upload, then click Select, Finish, and Done. Now, you can make changes right in the document without ever leaving Google Drive!
To do this, open the tab for your uploaded file by clicking it on the left-hand side of the screen. Scroll down to where you would like to make changes, click Insert > Formatting > Bold or Insert > Formatting > Italic (or any other formatting option), type what you would like changed, and then hit Enter. The formatting will be updated automatically!
Save your doc as a .docx file
If you want to edit a Microsoft Word document in Google Drive, you first need to make sure that it’s saved as a .docx file. To do this, open the document in Word and click File > Save As. In the Save As dialogue box, select Word Document (*.docx) from the Save as type drop-down menu and click Save. Clicking Save creates a copy of your document in your Google Drive. You can now go back to Google Drive and double-click on the docx file (or right-click on it and choose Open with > Open with Word).
Upload your doc to Google Drive
If you have a Microsoft Word document that you need to edit, you can do so by uploading it to Google Drive. Here’s how -Upload your doc from your computer or Google Docs and then click the Edit button
- In the More actions menu on the right, choose Open with…
- Select Microsoft Word 2007 or whichever version of MS Office you are using.
- View and edit your doc in the web browser like normal! It will look exactly as it does on your desktop, but now any changes you make will be saved automatically to Google Drive.
- You can also upload Word docs from Google Docs into any folder in your drive. Just open the folder where you want to save the file and select Upload.
Copy its link from the browser
Google Drive is a great way to view and edit your Microsoft Word documents. You can access your documents from any device with an internet connection, and you can share them with others for easy collaboration. To edit or view a document on the web:
- Open Google Drive.
- Select the file you want to open or create from the left-hand panel.
- From there, select Open if it’s not already selected or Edit if it’s already selected (see screenshot below).
- You will be prompted to login with your username and password.
- A window will appear with the document you have chosen to open or edit, which is also where you’ll save changes when finished.
- Click anywhere within the body of the document to start editing
- Use keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+Z to undo mistakes, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy and paste text, etc.
Paste the link into Word
Google Drive is a great way to view and edit your Word documents from anywhere. You can access your documents from any computer with an internet connection, and you can even share them with others for easy collaboration. Plus, if you have a Google account, you can use Drive for free.
Open it on your computer
To edit a Word document on your computer, open the document in Google Drive. Click the Edit button in the top-right corner of the document. A pop-up window will appear, asking you if you want to open the document in Google Docs or download it. Choose Google Docs.
Editing a Word document from your Google Drive account is easy! Simply open the document that you wish to edit, click on the Edit button in the top-right corner, and start making changes. The updated version of the document will be saved automatically as soon as you save your edits.