How to Set Up the Amazon Appstore in Windows 11 in Five Steps
A common complaint about Windows 11 is that it doesn’t include access to the Amazon Appstore, which means you can’t download and install any Android apps. The Amazon Appstore offers thousands of free and paid apps from Amazon itself as well as other developers. Thankfully, there are several ways to get the Appstore in Windows 11, though only one of them has no downsides whatsoever. Read on to learn how to set up the Amazon Appstore in Windows 11 in five steps!
Step 1: Download the Amazon Appstore
The first step is to download the Amazon Appstore onto your computer. You can do this by visiting the Amazon website and clicking on the Download now button. Once the file has been downloaded, double-click on it to begin the installation. Follow the prompts until you reach the Finish button. At this point, you will have successfully installed the Amazon Appstore on your computer.
Now that you have the app, there are a few steps to take before installing it on your device. Firstly, make sure that your phone or tablet is running Android 4.0 or higher (this includes Kindle Fire HDX tablets). If not, then go ahead and update your device’s operating system if possible. Secondly, then go ahead and create an account with Amazon if you don’t already have one – just enter in some basic information including name, email address, password and date of birth.
Step 2: Enable installation of apps from unknown sources
In order to install the Amazon Appstore, you’ll need to enable the installation of apps from unknown sources. Here’s how:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Security & Privacy.
- Under Security, click on the slider next to Unknown Sources. This will allow you to install apps from sources other than the Microsoft Store.
- A warning message will appear; click Yes to continue.
- Close Settings and proceed with installing the Amazon Appstore. Note that this change won’t take effect until after you restart your computer. If you’re not sure whether or not it has taken effect, just open a File Explorer window (press the keyboard shortcut Win+E) and navigate to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. If the Unknown Sources option is checked, then it has been enabled.
Step 3: Install Free Apps in the Amazon Appstore
Now that you have the Amazon Appstore installed on your Windows device, you can start downloading and installing apps. To do this, simply find an app that you want to install and click the Install button. Some apps may be free, while others may require a purchase. Once you’ve found an app that you want to install, simply follow the prompts to complete the installation process.
For example, if you are asked for permissions for the app’s access to other parts of your computer or files, read through them carefully before accepting. If you don’t know what a permission is asking for or why it’s necessary, ask someone who does know about it! And make sure to review any other alerts (such as this app will run continuously) before clicking Accept. After completing these steps, your Amazon Appstore should now be set up and ready to use!
Step 4: Install Paid Apps in the Amazon Appstore
Now that you have the Amazon Appstore installed on your Windows 11 computer, you can start buying and installing paid apps. Here’s how 1) Click on Apps at the top of the page 2) Scroll down to Paid Apps and click Buy now with 1-click 3) Select which app you want to buy 4) Click Buy now with 1-click. That’s it! You’ve just purchased a paid app from the Amazon Appstore for Windows 11. If you ever want to buy another paid app from this store, just follow these same steps. You’ll be ready to start downloading new games, productivity tools and more for your computer in no time!
Step 5: Configure Proxy Settings
If you’re using a proxy server to connect to the internet, you’ll need to configure your proxy settings before you can access the Amazon Appstore. Here’s how
- Open Settings and then Network & Internet > Proxy.
- Click on Settings on the right side of the screen and select Manual Proxy Configuration.
- Fill out the HTTP Proxy and Port fields with your proxy details and click OK. You should now be able to download apps from the Amazon Appstore! Keep in mind that some users have reported problems when downloading and installing games or playing movies through the app store. The easiest way to avoid these issues is by buying all your content from Amazon, but if that isn’t an option for you, try downloading content over Wi-Fi or 4G instead of over a cellular connection.