Why iPhone 12 is Better Than iPhone XS Max
It doesn’t take a genius to deduce that iPhone 12 is better than iPhone XS Max. However, many people don’t know why that is (or simply they don’t want to accept it).
That’s why today, I’m going to go over why iPhone 12 is better than iPhone XS Max. In this article, I’ll be discussing the following:
- iPhone 12 Specifications
- iPhone XS Max Specifications
- Why iPhone 12 is better than iPhone XS Max
For any good comparison, you need to know the particular specification of the device. That’s why we’re going to start with iPhone 12 specification.
Here are all the specifications you’ll need for the iPhone 12. Know that we’re discussing the basic variant. So don’t get it confused with the Pro models.
The iPhone 12 features a stunning 6.1-inch OLED display with Super Retina XDR technology and True Tone for improved brightness, contrast, and color accuracy. It also has an impressive 2.5 million to 1 contrast ratio and 458 pixels per inch resolution for bright and sharp images.
The display is protected by Ceramic Shield technology which makes it 4x more resistant to breakage than other smartphones.
It comes with an advanced dual-camera system that includes two 12MP lenses – one wide-angle lens and one ultra-wide lens. Both of these cameras provide amazing image quality even in low light conditions thanks to Apple’s new Night Mode feature.
Additionally, this phone also features a powerful 4K video recording capability and can shoot up to 60fps frame rates.
This phone is powered by the all-new A14 Bionic processor, which is one of the fastest chipsets ever used in a smartphone. With its 6-core CPU, 4-core GPU, and 16-core Neural Engine, the A14 Bionic is capable of delivering unprecedented performance and computation power for gaming, multitasking and more.
This phone offers up to 17 hours of video playback thanks to its built-in LiDAR Scanner technology, which helps optimize battery life. Additionally, it comes with Apple‘s Fast Charging feature and can be charged to 50% in just 30 minutes.
It supports Gigabit-class LTE with 4×4 MIMO technology, which allows for faster internet speeds when streaming or downloading content. Additionally, it is also compatible with Wi-Fi 6 networks and supports the Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) feature to allow users to switch between two carriers without swapping out their SIM cards.
The mobile comes with Apple’s new Face ID security system, which makes it even more secure than before. This advanced facial recognition technology uses a TrueDepth camera system that features an infrared lens and dot projector to map out your face details and recognize you even in the dark.
Here are all the specifications that the iPhone XS Max had at the time of release. Even though it’s a powerhouse of its time, this phone is still a step below the iPhone 12 (Base variant).
The mobile features a 6.5-inch Super Retina OLED display with 458ppi pixel density, HDR10 and Dolby Vision technology, True Tone, Wide Color Display (P3), and 3D Touch. The device is also equipped with Face ID authentication for added security.
The rear main camera features 12MP wide-angle lens with optical image stabilization and a 12MP telephoto lens. It has Quad-LED dual-tone flash, Live Photos support, Portrait Mode, and Smart HDR for photos. The front camera features a 7MP TrueDepth lens with f/2.2 aperture and Retina Flash.
The phone is powered by Apple’s latest A12 Bionic chip, which is based on a 7nm process and consists of an octa-core CPU with two high-performance cores and four efficiency cores, a four-core GPU, and an eight-core neural engine for machine learning tasks. It also packs 4GB RAM and 64/256/512GB of internal storage (no microSD slot).
Battery & Charging
It has a 3174mAh battery that offers up to 13 hours of video playback time or 12 hours of internet usage. It supports fast charging and can be charged up to 50% in 30 minutes with a compatible cable and charger. Wireless charging is also supported, with the device being able to charge up to 7.5W.
This option includes Wi-Fi 802.11ac (dual band support), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/QZSS, Lightning port, and eSIM support. The phone is also IP68 certified for dust & water resistance and has stereo speakers and a dual SIM card slot (nano SIM + eSIM).
Software & Other Features
The iPhone XS Max runs on iOS 12 out of the box and is compatible with ARKit 2.0 and Apple Pencil support. However, it can be updated to the iOS 16 version of the operating system.
Other features include an ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer, proximity sensor, and a three-axis digital compass. It also has support for wireless charging via the Qi standard chargers.
Now that you know all the specifications of the iPhone 12 and XS Max, you should also know why both of them differ. Here are a few reasons why iPhone 12 is better than iPhone XS Max.
- Display: The iPhone 12 features a larger 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR display compared to the 5.8-inch screen on the iPhone XS Max — giving you more real estate for watching movies, playing games, and multitasking.
- Water Resistance: With an IP68 rating, the iPhone 12 is waterproof up to six meters for 30 minutes — significantly better than the 1-meter depth and 30 minutes duration of the iPhone XS Max.
- Processor: The iPhone 12 comes with Apple’s latest A14 Bionic processor with an improved Neural Engine — providing faster performance that lets you easily navigate through tasks, apps, websites, and games without any lag.
- Camera: The dual 12MP cameras on the iPhone 12 offer improved low-light photography, HDR recording with Dolby Vision, and 4K video recording compared to the single 12MP camera on the iPhone XS Max.
- 5G Networking: With its 5G network capability, the iPhone 12 can deliver faster download speeds when you’re browsing online or streaming music or video. This is a great feature if you do a lot of travelling and need to be able to connect quickly from almost anywhere.
- MagSafe Charging & Wireless Charging: With MagSafe charging technology, your iPhone 12 will charge up to 15W — twice as fast as standard wireless charging. It also allows you to easily attach accessories such as cases and wallets without having to remove them first.
- Battery: You might be wondering that doesn’t iPhone XS Max has a bigger battery. Actually, it would be beneficial, but since it’s 2 years older than 12, the battery degradation is greater. So the battery of the iPhone 12 will last longer than XS Max.
Overall, the iPhone 12 offers a lot of great improvements over the iPhone XS Max, including a bigger display, better water resistance, a faster processor, improved camera capabilities, 5G networking, and MagSafe charging & wireless charging. All of these features make it one of the best iPhones on the market today.
Now that you know which one of the devices is better, the choice of buying the one needed is completely up to you. If you ask me, I’m 50-50 between both of the mobiles because XS Max has a bad battery but is less expensive, while the 12 has the reverse of that.
However, if you want to buy iPhone 12 or iPhone XS Max, then go to Wise Market New Zealand. Simply because they provide the best devices for the best prices.
Additionally, they’re not limited to iPhones because they have Samsungs, Xiaomi, and much more. So head on over to Wise Market New Zealand, and you’ll like what you see.